Aloe vera native to North-Eastern Oman is a succulent plant species of Aloe. Its botanical name is Aloe Barbadensis Miller. Its every leaf is composed of three layers:
i> Inner clear gel that contains 99% water, glucomannans, amino acids, lipids, sterols, and vitamins.
ii> The middle layer contains anthraquinones and glycosides.
iii> The outer layer contains 50-20 cells called rind which have protective functions, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Aloe vera is an amazing natural healer, it not only soothes small cuts and burns but also contains polysaccharides that reduce inflammation and stimulate skin growth.
Active components in aloe vera
1. Fatty acids- It contains cholesterol, campesterol, beta-sitosterol, and lupeol.
2. Vitamins- It contains vitamins A, C, E, B12, folic acid, and choline.
3. Minerals- It has calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
4. Hormones- It has auxins and gibberellins which help in wound healing.
5. Sugars- It contains monosaccharides and polysaccharides. According to a recent report a glycoprotein with antiallergic properties named alprogen and C- glucosyl choromone has been isolated from Aloe vera.
6. Enzymes- It contains alliinase, alkaline phosphate, bradykinase, amylase, catalase, carboxypeptidase, cellulase, lipase, and peroxidase. These enzymes help to reduce inflammation when apply to the skin.
10 Benefits of aloe vera
These are the benefits of using Aloe Vera-
1. Helps to moisturize the skin
2. Fight against breast cancer
3. Lowering your blood sugar level
4. Has natural essence
5. A natural mouthwash
6. Cure heartburn
7. Helps to reduce dandruff
8. Helps to reduce acne
9. Can heal anal fissures
10. Fights against skin ageing
These multitasking properties of aloe vera make it the hero of our life.
Aloe vera for face
As mentioned above aloe vera gel contains about 99% water, vitamins, nutrients, and minerals, all of which work to make your skin soft and glowing. It is completely safe to use over the face every single day.
Aloe vera juice
Aloe vera juice is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and hormones. It helps to fight against free radicals, lowers oxidative stress, and reduces the risk of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Aloe vera uses
Aloe vera is beneficial in wound healing, treating burns, and lung cancer, minimizing frostbite damage, protecting against skin damage from x- rays, increasing HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein), reducing LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein), and reducing blood sugar in diabetics.